Pages

Friday 22 January 2016

My day with the Traveling Accessory






Happy Friday Y’all .


I am part of a woman’s group within my church called the Godllywood. Each year we have what we call “The Traveling Accessory”, which is chosen accessory by our mentor for each of us to spend a whole day wearing the accessory. After we've had it for the day, we pass it on to the next person.


Last Thursday was my day with this year’s traveling accessory, a hand bag. I received the bag nicely wrapped and presented in a pretty pink bag by the person who had it before me. She even left a personal written card for me which said "capture the moment" at the front and had a nice message inside.


When I first glanced at the bag, I thought it was quite small, but very simple and elegant. I don’t use small bags a lot. I like to use big bags so that I can carry a lot of things inside, especially when I am going to work because I will be out the whole day.


I took the Traveling Bag to work with me and selecting things to put inside of it was not an easy task. In the end, I could only carry a few items: my purse, a bottle of perfume, hand cream, mobile phone, and deodorant and ear phones. I didn't have room for anything else.


The word selection came to mind and I started to think about the importance of selecting the right friends, the things we say and do, selecting carefully what we allow to stay in our minds and hearts because what we feed ourselves with internally (insecurities, fears, doubts, grudges, resentment, bitterness etc), will have an impact on our thoughts,, attitudes and the decisions we make. Just like I couldn't fill the bag with lots of things, I can't fill my mind , my heart and my life as a whole, with just anything. What is positive and good for me I should accept and keep and get rid of the rest!

By doing this, I'll travel light all the time.


They are two other lessons I learned from the traveling back which I will share in another post. Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment