Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

My American Adventure: Unique experience with a stranger


I discovered that there is a website called White Pages and also the 411 search directory that you can use to find someone. My friend Adriana helped me look for the lady who's purse I found at East River, based on the information on her driver's license.

We managed to get a telephone number for the address and her dad answered the phone. As her parents live upstate New York and the lady now lived in the city, he passed the message onto her and I was eventually given her number to contact her so we could arrange to meet.

I didn't carry the purse with me on Monday so we met today after work. We had originally planned to meet in the morning but because I overslept and missed the train, we had met around 6.30pm.

I was relieved for her and she was so grateful. She offered to buy me a drink at Starbucks as a "thank you". We had a nice chat before we departed ways. We have each other's numbers so I'm sure we'll meet again.

This was a unique experience for me.  I am so glad that I was the one that found her purse and not an opportunist with bad intentions.


No comments:

Post a Comment